Whitehead Final Blog

The hero that I wish would have been talked about more is Batman.  I believe him to be a great hero in more ways than one.  He sacrifices himself for the city, he becomes the “bad man” for the sake of the city.” All in all he cares about the city more than his own reputation.   He sacrifices everything for the city and to make sure that the people of it are safe.  Initially, he is secluded to isolated Asia to learn his fighting techniques and what he is fighting for.  In the final movie, he must remember this and dig deep within himself in order to save the city.  Throughout his troubles he kind of forgets who he is and what he is fighting for.  To win, he must engage his inner darkness and use his full soul in order to beat Bain.

The first hero I wrote about was indeed Batman.  Like I said I think he is a perfect example of a hero.  The most recent trilogy really puts him into a modern sense and make shim more realistic in someways.  In the end I really like how he truly sacrifices himself and has to rediscover himself to beat the “bad guy” and win the city back for safety.

This entry was posted in Blog 11 "Final Credits". Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

2 Comments

1. Posted January 24, 2013 at 11:09 am | Permalink

I also blogged about batman. I also discussed the fact that as an audience we feel sorry for batman for taking the rep as a bad guy after all he has done for Gotham city.

2. Posted January 24, 2013 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

I agree, Batman would have been nice because he’s a character many of us know about, mostly because of the timing of the Dark Knight trilogy. Batman truly is a great hero and shows it in all three of these movies.