JVonick Blog 11

It’s hard to think we could cover so many heroes in just three weeks, but we got it done. From Antigone to Beowulf to Rick Blaine in Casablanca, all of the heroes we covered have unique personality traits that qualify them as heroes. However, two of my favorite characters from the course would probably be Gawain from Sir Gawain and the Green Knight and Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird. Gawain did everything extremely brave and courageously, and he didn’t boast about it at all. I have a lot of respect for people who are modest about what they’re good at (for example, modest athletes) and Gawain was a true hero because he took on the challenge of the Green Knight because it was the right thing to do. For Atticus, I admire his courage and bravery for sticking up for the innocent man. Tom Robinson was an African American and defending him meant going against the town’s beliefs, but Atticus stayed strong. While he didn’t win the case, for me, it was the thought and effort that counts.

My first blog post was about how I would be similar to John Blake in The Dark Knight Rises because I’m caring and love helping others. Blake’s trail is a little different than both Gawain and Atticus, but all three of them share two crucial trait in a hero: selfless and brave. All three of them had intentions of doing good not for themselves, but for the people around them, and were fearless about doing so. Gawain didn’t fight the Green Knight for himself: he did it for the King and the others. Atticus defended Tom Robinson not for his own image, but because it was the right thing to do. Like Atticus, Blake wanted to help save the city for the people, not for his own pride and fame.

This entry was posted in Blog 11 "Final Credits". Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.