VARGAS XC BLOG

For my quote I did not find in one of our readings but rather a quote I found reading a blog on Martin Luther King, Jr. for MLK day.  Martin Luther King was talking about the civil-rights era when he said, “History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.” I could not find the context of where he said it but I can’t help but think that this quote is very applicable today in our society especially in the political world.  A world in which civility has been turned to anger, hate, and terrible deeds. In order to change this hate, people must speak up. People must stand up against injustice and for those who are being treated unjustly. We have to speak out, even if it’s not in our country that bad things are happening in, if we have the opportunity to help a less fortunate country who is being treated with unjust laws then I feel it’s our duty to speak out for those in the country who are afraid to speak up because they might get killed or their families would be mistreated. This quote i feel can relate to any society in any point in life because we will always be faced with a new problem in the world and we will wait for one brave soul to speak out to the rest and rise to the occasion.

This entry was posted in XC Blog "MLK in the World today". Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.