sarahlittle blog 11

During the duration of this class I discovered that there is much more to being a hero than I originally thought. I was naive in thinking that the term hero was really only directed to comic or film heroes. I have encountered many qualities that are described as heroic and the many types of heroes that actually exist (i.e.: Epic, Anti, Folk, Tragic, etc.) My personal favorite hero we analyzed would be V in V for Vendetta. Even though he wasn’t the perfect hero, he was a symbol of freedom against oppression, and that really speaks of heroism to me. I believe that we covered a plethora of heroes, but I thought we might have studied the Greek hero, like Hercules, a bit more in class; although I realized that we only had a limited time during this semester and could only cover so much.

When I look back on my first blog post about which hero I was able to identify myself with, which was Wonder Woman. A monomyth can definitely be applied to her with her travels from her isolated homeland to the current population and experiencing brand new things along the way. I would categorize her as an epic hero for not only her amazing powers, but for her mental and emotional strength in all aspects of life. She would easily be considered a hero in many aspects, but I also believe it is difficult to find a flaw in her as well; and while she is a great role model to look up to, it sometimes may be hard to relate to her.

This entry was posted in Blog 11 "Final Credits". Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.