Blog Post 11

Throughout this winter term we have discussed many different heroes as well as many different types of heroes. At the end of this course my  favorite hero and film character would have to be William Wallce. He was a man who was in a fight for his freedom as well as his country’s freedom. He did whatever was necessary to make sure the King of England left him and his country alone. Although his journey may have started out as revenge for what happened to his family and his wife, it ended up being a fight for freedom for himself as well as his country. The main reason i liked him was because he did everything he could to recieve his freedom and protect others from the king’s tyrantic rule.

My original favorite hero was Smokey the Bear. Smokey still is my favorite hero due to how he protects not only the animals of the forest but also the people who live near forest regions. His message is clear and simple, only you can start forest fires. By this message he tries to protect everyone in his power and that also includes animals, plant life, and humans. He is not the typical hero and that is why i admire him the most. I like him because he is unique and is not often thought of as a hero, but in my mind he truely is a hero.

This entry was posted in ELYSIUM. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

3 Comments

1. Posted January 22, 2013 at 7:05 pm | Permalink

I loved the character of William Wallace as well. I think if I watch all of Braveheart I’ll like it more but the few scenes we watched in class did not sell it to me very well.

2. Posted January 23, 2013 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

I agree that Smokey the Bear would still be a hero. One thing that goes into I think the determining a hero process in is if they help more then one group of people, and like you said Smokey does.

3. Posted January 24, 2013 at 10:52 am | Permalink

Mr. Jones, I agree with yon William Wallace and his heroic attributes. I think Smokey the Bear is a unique hero choice and certainly a folk hero.