Dwarrick Blog 1

What first came to mind when I thought of a hero was the conventional tights, cape, and super powers kind of guy. After thinking it over for a little bit and listening to our class discussion I chose to go with a hero who I can relate to and use as a role model for myself. I chose Derek Jeter. Other than being an incredible athlete, Jeter has no real super powers, but what makes him a hero to me is his decision to always do what is right, and go out of the way to do good things for others. A hero has to be someone you can relate to. Jeter has challenges and choices that he has to deal with every day that could greatly affect him and his image, but unlike many of famous athletes, he has never given in to temptations. He can fit many of the definitions of a hero such as being respected, and honorable, but the one I like to think he fits most is the want to help others. On top of volunteering, and donating money to help others, he purposely chooses to do the right things all the time to set an example and be a hero for many to strive to be like.

This entry was posted in Blog 1 (Jan 3) Introductions. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

One Comment

1. Posted January 7, 2013 at 7:35 pm | Permalink

I agree with you, Derek Jeter is the closest thing to Superman in real life. He is an amazing baseball player and donates to help others.