Phinney Blog 1

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

From the moment I learned the description of the “type a” personality theory, I identified myself as an individual with this type of personality. I have always been extremely ambitious, taking on a lot of responsibilities in different areas, and have always been exceptionally organized and conscious in order to ensure the success of the tasks I assume. Although I was not aware of all of these personality traits in elementary school, I became aware that there existed painstakingly obvious similarities between Disney Channel’s Kim Possible and myself. She is a confident teen who starts her own business, which later lands her a position as a crime fighter. She becomes a hero after successfully juggling many tasks: rescuing countless victims, maintaining her “normal” life as high school superstar, and running her babysitting business. Citizens and government agencies alike recognize her worldwide.

As I matured, Kim Possible and her crime fighting adventures were replaced with “more mature” characters and heroes. However, as I reflect, I recognize that my elementary observations of the similarities were correct. Not only do we carry the same initials to our name, but we also carry the same resilient drive to complete any task at hand. After successfully opening and maintain my own tutoring business in 2008, my own photography business in 2012, and becoming a strength and conditioning coach in 2012, I am confident that Kim Possible’s heroic motto “I can do anything” reflects who I am as an individual.

This entry was posted in Blog 1 (Jan 3) Introductions. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

One Comment

1. Posted January 4, 2013 at 8:58 pm | Permalink

I really enjoyed Kim Possible as a kid, and even when I reflect on her now I am able to see the great heroic qualities that I wanted to see in myslef through her and that tv show. She is a crime fighter with a constantly positive personality and a good perception of life.