NBRUNO HERO POST

http://blog.ticketchest.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/new-york-yankees-alex-rodriguez-mark-teixeira1.jpg

There are many different adjectives and criteria of being a hero. Each person or group (like the exercise in class) has his or her own way of explaining a hero. To me, Alex Rodriguez is a hero that I feel best represents me. Not only do we play the same sport, baseball, but also we are similar in many ways. Alex is confident, courageous, gifted, and able to silence the critics. He is also a role model for people of all ages, which is an important characteristic of being a hero. Alex Rodriguez is a gifted man who has made mistakes in his life. He has been courageous enough to eventually own up to them and took responsibility for his poor choices. Like Alex, I have also made poor choices in my life like everyone else in the world. Sometimes I feel reluctant to own up to them because I hate to be wrong. Eventually I own up to them and take responsibility for my own actions because it shows maturity and the ability to learn from mistakes and try to move forward in life. Alex Rodriguez is arguably the most scrutinized athlete in the world today. However, he is able to block out the critics and continuing doing what he has to do. I am that way too; if someone tells me I cant do something whether it is on the baseball field or in general life, I ignore them and keep going. Heroes are able to block everyone out when others are negative, and continue trying to reach a certain goal.

This entry was posted in Blog 1 (Jan 3) Introductions. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

3 Comments

1. Posted January 4, 2013 at 10:55 am | Permalink

Mr. Bruno A-Rod is an interesting choice for a hero. I was inspired by the fact that you acknowledged the fact that he owns up to his mistakes, which is true and is an essential part to not only being a hero, but a human being. I also respect the fact that you can relate and act in this same by owning up to your mistakes as well. It’s also interesting that throughout all the scrutiny, pressure, and following of his life, he is able to maintain who he is and is “strong-willed.”

2. Posted January 4, 2013 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

I really appreciate that you chose a real person rather than a fictional character. I believe that I can relate more to Rodriguez than a superhero, especially in that he makes mistakes. Although all heroes make mistakes, as a result of their hamartia, I am able to identify more with the mistakes of an everyday human, rather than supernatural mistakes. I also appreciate that you were open in your reluctance to own up to your mistakes. That honesty in itself is heroic!

3. Posted January 4, 2013 at 9:26 pm | Permalink

Mr. Bruno, this was an interesting choice. Although A-rod is not viewed as a hero by anyone, I guess sometimes his heroic deeds go unnoticed by all the scrutiny he is under so this may make him a tragic hero (No matter what he does, he cannot overcome a bad rep)