Crispi- Hero 1

If I was any hero/protagonist I would think of myself as Rocky Balboa. I have watched every Rocky movie and through my life it has inspired me to make me a better man and more like his character. For starters, similar to Rocky, I am full Italian so my upbringing and values are similar. My heritage, customs and traditions are relatable and even the city Rocky lived in and evolved into a hero in (Philadelphia) could be related to where I grew up and evolved myself as a human being (New York). Rocky was always faced with adversity, distractions, hardships and fierce competition. Throughout my life, I have aspired to play football at the highest level I can play at and therefore have been working very hard since I got to high school to turn my dreams into reality (like Rocky did!) Like him, I would work out hard and have a good core support system behind me that believes in me, despite the odds or what the masses think. Rocky was faced with difficult competition during his boxing career, and had to beat these foes to progress in his hero’s journey. When I was a senior in high school, I competed with many kids around the country to gain D-1 Football scholarship offers. I was able to overcome these odds and achieve my first goal. Now in college, I am constantly matched up against opponents who are trying to knock me off my game every week of the season. With Rocky’s core values and how he overcame obstacles and non-believers to achieve success makes me feel like thats what I at least hope I am in the process of doing in my life.

http://sportpeaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Sylvester_Stallone_in_Rocky_Balboa_Wallpaper.jpg

This entry was posted in Blog 1 (Jan 3) Introductions. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

4 Comments

1. Posted January 4, 2013 at 10:56 am | Permalink

Mr. Crispi, I really connect with a lot of what you said in your post. Like you, adversity and things come to me all the time. As an athlete as well, these things are only more difficult because of the time that has to be invested elsewhere. I too, love Rocky and have seen all of his films. Aside from these films losing some steam with their latest productions, I still was able to become inspired by Rocky’s determination and drive. To sum it up, I love the movies, the character, and what he represents.

2. Posted January 4, 2013 at 6:44 pm | Permalink

Mr. Crispi, I can relate with you as I have seen every Rocky movie, am full Italian and am a college athlete as well. Being an athlete and having dreams is always a great thing. When peoplem tell you that you can’t do something, you compete and do everything in your power to accomplish that. Rocky is an underdog and was able to overcome the adversity and critics, as you seem to be doing. Wish you the best.

3. Posted January 4, 2013 at 9:40 pm | Permalink

I think Rocky makes a good choice for a hero to model after. The drive he has and perseverance in the face of adversity inspires others to make a similar commitment.

4. Posted January 4, 2013 at 11:45 pm | Permalink

I really enjoyed the way to relate your current situation/career with a great and powerful Hero. Rocky has always had to deal with adversity not just in his boxing matches. It is truly all about the attitude and your mindset to overcome your obstacles, which Balboa showcases. I can also personally relate because I myself have had internal and external conflicts through athletics that I have had to overcome. Great Article!

One Trackback

1. By yuccas on August 18, 2020 at 11:22 pm

yuccas

Crispi- Hero 1

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    VA:F [1.9.22_1171]