Introducing Mollie Lund, PWR’s Social Media Intern for the Fall of 2021

Mollie Lund ’24 (PWR & IGS)

Hello everyone! My name is Mollie Lund and I am happy to announce that I will be the social media intern for Professional Writing and Rhetoric this Fall semester. I am a sophomore at Elon and I am double majoring in PWR and International/Global Studies. I became interested in pursuing PWR early on in my first semester here at Elon. I have always loved writing, and I wanted a major that would allow me to pursue a career that I am passionate about. I stumbled upon the PWR department while perusing possible English-related majors in my Elon 101 course, and I promptly decided to give it the old college try. My PWR experience began in Professor Maynard’s PWR 211 class over the J-term semester of my Freshman year. I quickly realized that I belonged in PWR, collaborating with my peers and learning new styles of writing.

I am currently enrolled in Professor Li’s 2110 course, in which I am studying the history of both rhetoric and professional writing. I have learned that rhetoric is an omnipresent aspect of our lives, a vital mechanism by which we communicate, deliberate, and learn. It is used in nearly every field of profession in some form or another, making it incredibly pertinent to our lives. The more I grow to understand the art of rhetoric and its universal applicability, the more appreciative I am of the major I have chosen. A degree in PWR can be applied to an endless number of occupations, making me confident in my ability to translate what I am learning into a fulfilling career in the future.

I am beyond grateful for the opportunity to work as this semester’s PWR social media intern. I look forward to learning more about graphic design as well as the relevance of rhetoric to social media. I hope to raise awareness for the PWR department at Elon by sharing the stories and experiences of my peers and professors as well as PWR alumni. I further wish to encourage incoming and undecided students interested in a career in communication to consider PWR as a possible major. 

I am excited to represent my PWR peers and faculty over the course of the semester and to gain insight into PWR’s applicability to the real world. Please, feel free to contact me if you have any questions, or if you would like to suggest content ideas.

This entry was posted in PWR News, Student Profile. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.