Introducing Mia D’Agostino, the Spring PWR Social Media Intern

Mia D'Agostino standing in front of white doorsHello! My name is Mia D’Agostino, and I am excited to announce that I am the new PWR social media intern for Spring 2021. I am a sophomore here at Elon, majoring in PWR and Political Science, with a minor in Italian. I began my journey in PWR in Dr. Li’s PWR 215 class. Initially, I wasn’t sure what to expect… Wasn’t rhetoric used by the ancient Greeks? How could that still be relevant now? Well, rhetoric was used by the ancient Greeks, and as it turns out, rhetoric could not be more relevant in today’s society. Rhetoric at its core is how we communicate with people, what strategies we use to persuade them or appeal to their person. Whether you’re watching a commercial or listening to a speech, rhetoric is present. Learning how to appeal to an audience is one of the most important things I’ve learned in PWR, but it’s not all about writing. Those of us who are more artistically inclined can find their calling in PWR as graphic designers, video editors, brand identity designers… the list goes on. The more I learn as a student of Professional Writing and Rhetoric, the more I identify rhetoric in my daily life. A degree in PWR opens the door to so many unique opportunities.

Most recently, PWR has led me here, to all of you! As the new Social Media Intern I intend on getting the word out about PWR, to prospective and current students. My main goal is to reach out to alumni, professors, and current PWR students to hear about their experiences and spread those stories to generate buzz about the major. The skills I gained in Adobe Cloud in PWR 217 with Professor Maynard will allow me to design compelling graphics for our Instagram and Facebook, while my research skills from PWR 297 with Dr. Strickland will aid me in interviewing my peers in PWR.

I am honored and excited to have this opportunity to represent the PWR major, and gain some professional experience along the way. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions, or if you feel you have something to contribute!

This entry was posted in PWR News, Student Profile. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.