Branding in a New Light

“Personal branding is a leadership requirement, not a self-promotion campaign.”

Over the past three years I have been developing my personal brand so that I could advance myself as a professional in the career world. However, what I didn’t know is how social media has been affecting how individuals brand themselves.  By learning that “your social media brand should represent the value you are able to consistently deliver to those whom you are serving” I realized that I should manage my personal brand by looking towards becoming a role model. Then I will be able to attract more readers by offering something valuable that will hopefully engage them.

As I have seen through my work and branding with Digication, I realize how important the reflections are in the beginning of each section. By being able to engage my reader by telling them what I did and what I learned, I am becoming a better brand that readers will be more interested in learning about because I have taken so much time to shape it.

In the bigger picture, many companies struggle with the voice of their brand. By really shaping their image from the idea of serving others rather than promoting yourself, they will becoming more approachable. If their brand isn’t clear among various people, then they need to change their voice and market themselves as leaders, someone who is looking to engage and learn.

By defining and living by your personal brand, it will become easier to perform actions and serve at your optimal levels. By keeping this in mind you are more likely to be an accountable teammate and others will look forward to working with you.

“Personal branding is no longer an option; it’s a powerful leadership enabler.”

What do you think about the link between branding and leadership? Should it be taught a different way?

For more on branding and leadership, check out this site.

This entry was posted in CUPID News, From the Web, Student Perspective. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.