Our Spring Interns- Meet Mackenzie and Conner

MD Intern Bio

Hi y’all! My name is Mackenzie Daniel and I recently graduated from Elon in December 2014. I earned a B.A. Degree in English Literature and minored in both Business Administration and Psychology. Although I graduated a semester early, I am fortunate enough to continue being on campus this semester by serving as one of the two Elon University Office of Admissions’ Spring Interns. I have always maintained a unique career goal of wanting to work in Undergraduate Admissions so I am beyond grateful and thrilled to have the opportunity to work alongside the Admissions Staff and assist them in a variety of ways.

I am originally from Pleasanton, California, which is located in Northern California’s Bay Area. Though transitioning to college life—especially when you are literally 3,000 miles away from home—can take time, it’s because of Elon University’s campus climate and culture (one that I often refer to as a family) that I was able to never look back on my decision and dive head in on all of the opportunities Elon has to offer.

Throughout my time at Elon, I was extremely involved in a wide range of activities and organizations (as are most Elon students). I worked in the Office of Admissions Records Area, which taught me the technical side to application processing. On another note, I was a member of Sigma Kappa Sorority and also served as a senator on Elon’s Student Government Association. Having been an English Literature Major, I was became a member of Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honors Society. However, my Elon experience was heavily influenced by my three-year commitment to New Student Orientation where I served as an Orientation Leader and then progressed to be its Coordinator-In-Training and eventually its Coordinator. Orientation is something that is near and dear to my heart and having the chance to work with incoming students and help them make their transition to college a positive and exciting one, was something I will never forget.

Throughout the semester you may see me walking the halls of our beautiful Inman Admissions Welcome Center, interacting at our various Admissions events or even running to get my daily cup of coffee. No matter what, I am here to help and would love to talk with you. Please feel free to email me at mdaniel6@elon.edu!

1382811_10151665370411646_1024439882_n

My name is Conner Croxson and I am a current senior at Elon University studying Political Science and minoring in both Leadership Studies and International Studies. This semester, I am serving as an Intern in the Office of Admissions. Having previously worked in the Office of the President as an Executive Intern, I am thrilled to be embarking on a new opportunity to learn more about higher education, especially as I hope to work in higher education after graduation.

As a senior, I frequently reflect on how fortunate I am to have had the privilege of being a student at Elon. Like many, I did not originally pin Elon as “the school” I would attend. But during a spring break college road trip, I drove past Elon and spontaneously decided to see the campus. At the time I asked myself, “Why Elon?” and wondered why we were stopping here. Now, looking back it was one of the best decisions I made.

My Elon Experience has been heavily influenced by my involvement and leadership in several on campus organizations, including the Isabella Cannon Leadership Fellows Program, Campus Recreation and Kappa Delta Sorority. One of the most influential parts of my four years was studying abroad during the fall semester of my junior year in Dublin, Ireland. I had the chance to explore various parts of Ireland as well as travel to Norway and London. I certainly caught the travel bug during my semester abroad and look forward to traveling more in the future.

If you find yourself in the new Inman Admissions Welcome Center over the next few months, you will likely see me assisting counselors, interacting with families and also giving presentations. Please say hi, I would love to meet you and get to know you!

If you have any questions about the admissions process or Elon itself, feel free to contact me at mcroxson@elon.edu

This entry was posted in Admissions Staff and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Comments are closed, but you can leave a trackback: Trackback URL.