With the theme of Teaching, Learning, and Assessing in Traditional & Non-Traditional Settings, the conference provided opportunities to look at student learning, faculty roles in creating active and engaging learning environments, and technologies that support engaged teaching and learning.
- Opening Plenary Session: “How to hit a moving target: assessing engaged learning”
Ashley Finley, Senior Director of Assessment and Research – Association of American Colleges and Universities (AACU), and National Evaluator – Bringing Theory to Practice Project
- Conference-related tweets (#ElonTLC)
- @elonteaching: Great article on #ElonTLC. http://bit.ly/PrpRMh Thank you to everyone who joined us for the conference.
- @elonteaching: Watch Ashley Finley’s plenary session “How to hit a moving target: assessing engaged learning” http://youtu.be/qOEFPmWkCy4#ElonTLC
- @EPRI: Thank you. “@sameneman: Twitter Rubric from UWisc-Stout http://ow.ly/d1nZ2#ElonTLC”
- @innovative_tech: http://goo.gl/WBHNs — handouts from Twitter session facilitated by Paula Patch and @danreis01#ElonTLC
- @derekbruff: @danreis01 I like taking student responses to open-ended JiTT questions and turning them into answer choices for clicker questions. #elontlc
- @evmaiden: Good resource: 100 Ways To Use Twitter In Education, By Degree Of Difficulty http://edudemic.com/2012/04/100-ways-to-use-twitter-in-education-by-degree-of-difficulty/ via @edudemic#ElonTLC
- @sameneman: Twitter Rubric from UWisc-Stout http://ow.ly/d1nZ2#ElonTLC
- @evmaiden: Discussions about the value of twitter and the backchannel for large section classes #ElonTLC
- @innovative_tech: Hootcourse — a way to restrict hashtags to a specific group of students. Will def need to investigate this more #ElonTLC
- @sameneman: Twunkie: the Twinkie found in your computer — never knew #ElonTLC
- @evmaiden: A lot more to Google Analytics than I thought — impressive session #ElonTLC
- @danreis01: @sameneman Google Analytics could be useful for things outside the LMS: course blogs, wikis, etc. #elontlc
- @sameneman: Download AACU VALUE Rubrics http://ow.ly/d0PW2#elontlc
- @derekbruff: @danreis01 Nice! I haven’t heard about that project. Time to go see what Randy has been up to lately… #elontlc
- @danreis01: Make the reflection process better. “Seeing student learning: teacher change and the role of reflection” by Carol Rodgers #elontlc
- @DrSturg: Education is more than what students know. It’s what they can then do with that knowledge. #ElonTLC
- @danreis01: @derekbruff Thanks Derek. For us unfamiliar with thin slices, here’s a video by Randy on Educause http://www.educause.edu/eli/events/eli-annual-meeting/2011/problem-learning-postcourse-era#elontlc
- @KyleDenlinger: Ashley Finley: assessment should show us the things that are *producing* the learning, the things that create the a-ha! moment. #ElonTLC
- @danreis01: Learning is easier to spot after it happens. What does learning look like while it is happening? Discussion at #elontlc
- @derekbruff : @danreis01 Randy Bass’ notion of “thin slices” of student learning is a useful one here. We can make such learning visible. #elontlc
- @laurenpressley: Ready for a big day at #ElonTLC! Starting off with “assessing engaged learning in changing environments” with Ashley Finley.
- @DrSturg : First up…assessing engaged learning. My question: How do you do this without quadrupling your grading load. #ElonTLC
- @KyleDenlinger: Hey there, #ElonTLC. Happy to be here. Let’s learn about learnin’.
- @elonteaching: Conference tweeters should use #ElonTLC. If you tweet using this hash tag, you have a chance to win a year subscription to @gosoapbox.
- @DrSturg : Off to #ElonTLC today. Sessions on integrating technologies in classes look quite interesting. I’ll be live tweeting some today.
- @danreis01 : Co-presenting at #elontlc on Thursday. Here’s the opening slide — can you spot Charlie Sheen? #winninghttp://pic.twitter.com/ppSrqMXx
- @elonteaching: Joining us for #ElonTLC tomorrow? Visit http://bit.ly/O5YyD9 for directions and parking information.
- @elonteaching: #ElonTLC is this Thursday! Updated conference schedule: http://bit.ly/Qu6Rtc. If you registered and cannot join us: http://goo.gl/xxRFG
Save the Date
Mark your calendar for next year’s 10th Annual Teaching and Learning Conference: August 15, 2013 at Elon University