Isabel Incorvati Introduction

Hello there, my name is Isabel Incorvati! I call several different places home, but my permanent address is in Alexandria, VA, about 20 minutes away from Washington, D.C. I am a political science and international studies (with a European concentration) double major, with a professional writing minor. When I am not in class or with other Pericleans, I enjoy spending time with my sorority sisters (I’m an Alpha Chi Omega!), going hiking with my boyfriend, practicing my French, and sampling all of the flavors at Smitty’s.

There are a lot of reasons why I applied for Periclean, and many of them have to do with the extraordinary opportunity to make a difference in the lives of people I may not ever meet. Making a lasting impact on a community is not something that everyone can do in their lifetime, and I was not about to pass up that chance. Regardless of whether or not I am able to go to Namibia, at the end of my time at Elon, I will have contributed to something that will enrich the lives of the people that live there, hopefully for generations to come. Moreover, bonding with faculty as well as my peers and developing strong relationships with both is an absolutely delightful outcome of Project Pericles that I cannot wait to experience.

I believe that above all else, I bring people skills to the Periclean table. I have worked in customer service for two years now, and it has been extremely valuable in terms of teaching me when it is appropriate to listen and when it is time to share my ideas. Those cooperation abilities are essential to work with a large group of people. Additionally, I have learned how to clearly and concisely explain concepts to people that they may not have ever heard of. Interactions between our cohort, as well as between our cohort and outside groups, are so central to Periclean that it would be impossible to get anything done without them. I look forward to the journey that is Project Pericles!

This entry was posted in Class of 2017-Namibia. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.