Melanie Mackin Introduction

10417495_10152578201256209_2918681036590868657_n

Hi, my name is Melanie Mackin and I am from Long Island, New York. I am a Finance/Accounting double major with a minor in Economics. On campus I am involved in relay for life, club volleyball, the Pendulum, and Greek life. 

During my fall semester of last year I had the wonderful opportunity of having Carol talk to my global class about the Periclean Scholars program. From the minute that Carol started describing the program I knew that I wanted to be a part of this very special organization. I am interested in global health issues, human rights, and world cultures- and I want to continue to expand my knowledge of these topics during the duration of this program. I was able to travel to Malawi, Africa this past summer and met so many incredible individuals. I learned so much about not only that area of the world, but about myself as well. I’m looking forward to continuing my education on African culture and then having the ability to execute our service project come senior year.
My expectations for this semester are simple: To bond together as a group and to learn as much about Namibia as possible. I think that if we can accomplish these two things over the next three months we will have the ability to start tackling all of the goals that we have in mind. Im very excited to see what issue(s) our project will aim at and how we can positively effect the lives of the people of Namibia. I cannot wait to begin this journey with each and every one of you!
This entry was posted in Class of 2017-Namibia. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.