Class of 2016 Profit Share

On Saturday, May 17th from 11 a.m.- 10 p.m. our class hosted a profit share at West End Terrace. For each person who came in for the profit share, 15% of their bill was donated to our class project in Honduras. Since I work at West End, I was able to easily set up and advertise for the profit share. We put a chalk board outside on the side walk which said “Periclean profit share: tell your server Periclean to donate 15% of your bill.” Isabel and I also created a Facebook event and our class invited over 1,000 students. April also helped out in inviting her friends and attending the profit share with her husband. Since I was working that day, I was able to explain to many people what Periclean is and, more specifically, what our project in Honduras entails. I was glad to have the opportunity to explain exactly what people were donating to and to also advertise our class and our focus. We made $240 from the profit share which was very successful and I think, ultimately, advertised us a lot. My boss was also very pleased with the turnout and I am sure there is the possibility of conducting another profit share with him in the future. Ultimately, I think it was good to collaborate with a local business owner and get the word out about Periclean and our project. It was also a good end to our semester as a class and for the fundraising committee.

This entry was posted in Class of 2016: Honduras. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.