The Center for Community Action and Research at Dyson College works to support an active, educated, empowered and engaged community. We facilitate university/community partnerships that put our strengths to work fulfilling community need while giving members of the Pace community the opportunity to learn about, and have an impact on, issues of social importance. We accomplish this through planning and supporting service programs, facilitating discussion and dialog on current social and political issues, administering a student civic leadership program, supporting and assessing community-based learning courses, and more. Pace University has had a civic engagement requirement for all undergraduate students since 2003, and is a designee of the Carnegie Classification for Community Engagement and the President’s Honor Roll with Distinction.
• Collaborate with the Pace community to innovate, initiate, implement, and supervise one-time and ongoing service and civic engagement programming.
• Interview, hire, supervise, train and mentor student-staff service coordinators.
• Assist in the CCAR program assessment process.
• Coordinate, integrate, and maintain the CCAR’s social media presence.
• Broker and maintain diverse partnerships between members of the Pace community and local community partners for the purpose of developing civic engagement initiatives.
• Assist in the formulation and implementation of the CCAR’s marketing plan.
• Co-coordinate our Alternative Spring Break program with local community partners, policy
Centers, and academics to create an educational civic engagement program on a local/national
social or political issues.
• Assist with ongoing office activities including purchasing, scheduling, office management, information and referral.
Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 2 years work experience in higher education (civic engagement or community service programming ) or work with a nonprofit, advocacy or grassroots organizing organization required. Experience working with college students and in utilizing social media to further professional goals highly desirable. Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as demonstrated ability to give public presentations, write reports, and create outreach and program materials. Experience with service program development, implementation and knowledge of non-profit agency profile and infrastructures a plus. Occasional travel between Pace University campuses required. Some evenings and weekends are required.
Please visit https://careers.pace.edu and select Staff Positions to view this opportunity by its job title or Posting Number 0602409 .