Studying and Designing for Transfer introduces transfer of learning theories, investigates connections with SoTL, and explores future directions in transfer research and its implications for curriculum design. This topic crosses disciplinary boundaries and draws from recent multi-institutional research initiatives on transfer of learning.
- Week 1 (September 9-14, 2013): An Introduction to Transfer Theories
- Live Chat with Rebecca Nowacek on Tuesday, September 10, 2013, at 10:30 AM CDT/ 11:30 AM U.S. EDT / 15:30 UTC
- Quick link to Week 1 Forum Discussions
- Week 2 (September 15-21, 2013): Transfer and the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Live Chat with Joan Middendorf on Thursday, September 19, 2013, at 2:00 PM CDT/ 3:00 PM U.S. EDT / 19:00 UTC
- Quick link to Week 2 Forum Discussions
- Week 3 (September 23-28, 2013): Future Directions in Studying and Designing for Transfer
- Live Chat with Kara Taczak and Liane Robertson on Tuesday, September 24, 2013, at 3:00 PM U.S. EDT / 19:00 UTC
- Quick link to Week 3 Forum Discussions
Need to calculate the Live Chat times for your time zone? Click here to access a Time Zone Converter.
Want to share an announcement related to this ISSOTL Online 2013 strand or hoping to connect with other participants? Click here to post to the Announcements and Connections forum.