Shoebooties Restaurant Review

By Emilia Azar – 2014

Showbootiescafe

“Just go to Shoebooties, you can’t go wrong there.” Cliff the Magistrate – as my group officially dubbed him – told us that Shoebooties Restaurant was the place to go if you if you wanted a large variety of food options. “They’ve got everything,” he said. And he was absolutely right. Alexa, Rachel, Katie and I decided to split the $10 Baked Crab, Artichoke & Spinach Dip. This was probably the best dip of that kind I have ever eaten. Somehow the lump crabmeat, artichoke hearts, and fresh spinach added just the right flavor to the Parmesan cream cheese with bacon bits sprinkled throughout. The highlight of it all would have to be the chips: homemade, spinach tortilla chips. Slightly browned and baked to the perfect form of light crispiness, the chips were the kind of thing I could have eaten plain and been perfectly content with.

Sounds like heaven, right? I haven’t even gotten to the main course: the seafood salad. At the base of the salad was a bed of spinach and crisp romaine lettuce, with red onions and chives tossed on top. The special stuff comes in the form of three different types of seafood: large gulf shrimp, lump crabmeat, and grilled salmon fillet. This was all balanced out with a generous helping of feta cheese and a side of homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing. The most unfortunate part of ordering such a beautiful and delicious meal was the fact that I had just indulged in a quarter of the spinach dip and tortilla chips. Therefore, I had practically no room in my stomach for the salad itself. After just a few bites, I had to reluctantly lay down my fork and put my head on the table. “Can I get a to-go box, please?”

Showbootiescafe3Showbootiescafe2