PWR Senior Project Spotlight: Gabrielle Melillo

Gabby Melillo ’15, English Major with Concentrations in Creative Writing and Professional Writing and Rhetoric.

IMG_4056PWR is a fascinating major that facilitates application to many different professional fields. The flexibility of the teachings of PWR allowed me to chose a project that is something I am truly passionate and connected with. Looking potentially for jobs in the marketing field I tried to devise a plan for a small business to market themselves through social media. The business I chose is Towne Auto Restoration and Collision. This is my family’s business and has only been opened for a few years now. Wanting to help them increase their online presence I created a Facebook and Yelp page. My research showed that these two sites have a large community and are highly used when searching for businesses.

Along with the social media page I created a presentation and script that would help me present my recommendations to the owners of the business (my uncle, grandfather, and father). The presentation itself is short and just an overview of what the recommendation report states. The script includes all the talking points that I must go over in order to persuade my intended audience to employ my recommendation. The script and presentation can also be used as reference material.

Lastly, I created a maintenance guideline PDF file. This will be used by one of the employees at the business to do daily, weekly, and monthly checks of the social media sites. This document informs them of when they should upload new photos to the page, what they should do when there are customer remarks on the sites, and what language they should use for responses and posts. Most importantly this document instructs the employee on how to handle negative comments in multiple scenarios. Since using social media gives away some of the business’s control over their branding, including this information was an important rhetorical decision for me. Handling these situations in the correct manner could help to brand the business more positively and keep control of company branding in the hands of the actual company.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.