Your project requires the following:
- An embedded Google map (using the API above, not just copying an embed code) that has at least three markers and corresponding info windows.
- Info windows that contain both HTML and images, and are styled to look nice.
Some other things you may want to consider including:
- Custom marker icons
- Custom color schemes, or other ways to style your map
- Polyfills, heat maps, other exciting stuff
- Libraries, such as the ‘places’ library, or the ‘visualizations’ library
If you can use this project in any way that would be useful to you, i.e. as part of another project or for your capstone, feel free to request to make something outside the bounds of the assignment rubric. For instance, Google Maps can now be used for data visualization, which could be really useful. Just let me know.
I expect some of you to ‘phone it in,’ to do the bare minimum to maintain your grade in the class. That’d be a map with a few markers and infowindows that look nice. But I encourage you to use the assignment to make a killer portfolio piece, in which case, you should go much further with your map.
Due our last class meeting.