Jun 18 2014
Summer 2014 renovations in Belk Library
Since Belk Library opened in January 2000, the way our space is used has changed. Elon’s student body has grown from just over 4,000 to 6,300 in 2014. More library resources are available online, which are often accessed on laptops and other types of mobile devices. Students engage in more collaborative and group work.
To reflect how things have changed since we opened in 2000 and to build in greater flexibility for the future, the first floor of Belk Library will undergo significant renovation this summer.
* New study rooms for individual and collaborative work for students, tutors, librarians & writing consultants.
* New computer tables featuring easy-to-access power for portable devices.
* New flexible furniture to support different study and work styles, for both individuals and groups.
* More quiet study seats on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
* New paint, carpet and furnishings to give Belk Library a fresh new look towards the future.
Here are a few renderings of the new space. Click on the image to see details.