Blogs.elon.edu is Elon University’s installation of WordPress, a blogging service that allows Elon faculty, staff, and students to collaborate around a common subject, such as an academic course, program, or department. These blogs provide a place for users to voice their ideas and activities online through written posts, pictures, videos, links, and comments.
Blogs.elon.edu is intended to support teaching and learning, scholarly communication, and departmental information sharing in relation to the university community. These blogs are a place to create collaborative internet resources, share experiences, reflect on activities and/or course readings, and publish student creative work. Blogs.elon.edu showcases the ideas, activities, and people that are a part of the Elon University community.
If you are interested in setting up a blog for your academic course, program, or department, visit the Technology wiki for more information.
These blogs serve as an example of how blogs are being used at Elon:
- Belk Library Blog | Departmental blog with posts from Elon librarians
- Call of South Africa | Travel blog for study abroad course
- International Relations | Student perspectives on current events
- Public Opinion through New Media | Course blog for COM 564
- PURM (Perspectives on Undergraduate Research and Mentoring) | publication journal for students
- Study abroad at Elon | Departmental blog featuring posts from winter term programs
- Teaching | Departmental blog featuring posts related to teaching and learning at Elon
- Technology | Departmental blog featuring posts on technology-related information
- Tests and measures | Collaborative resource for Physical Therapy course